At least 8 killed in Marib blasts, says Yemeni official

Published by
Reuters

By Mohammed Ghobari ADEN (Reuters) -At least eight people were killed in explosions that shook the Yemeni city of Marib in what the information minister said were missile and drone strikes launched by Houthi forces trying to seize the gas-rich region. Minister Muammar al-Iryani wrote in a Twitter post that the Houthis fired two ballistic missiles and two armed drones and had hit a mosque, a commercial centre and a women’s correctional facility as well as ambulances rushing to the scene. He put the initial death toll at eight, including women, and said 27 people had been wounded. Two medical so…

Read More

Share this Story
Load More Related Articles
Load More In US News

Facebook Comments

Check Also

Have Gold Stocks Lost All Their Vigor?

Gold sank profoundly on Jun. 17, taking its ...

Archives