US News

Nike says split with Neymar over refusal to cooperate with sex assault probe

Published by
AFP

Los Angeles (AFP) – Nike said Thursday it parted ways with Neymar last year after the superstar Brazil attacker “refused to cooperate in a good faith investigation” as the company probed an employee’s claim that he sexually assaulted her. The apparel giant said in a statement that its investigation into the alleged 2016 incident — which was reported to the company in 2018 — was inconclusive. “No single set of facts emerged that would enable us to speak substantively on the matter,” the company said. In a Wall Street Journal article reporting the assault allegation, a spokeswoman for Neymar s…

Read More

Facebook Comments

Check Also

Americans tricked out of more than $586 million in COVID-related scams

Published by New York Daily News Scammers have ...

Archives