One dead after toxic gas leak in chemical accident in Austria

Published by
DPA

One man has been confirmed dead after a chemical accident at an Austrian factory on the border with the German state of Bavaria. After the leak of sulphur dioxide in the morning hours, the worker died at the scene of the accident, the Austrocel Hallein pulp mill said in a statement on Wednesday. Residents in the town of Hallein in the Austrian state of Salzburg were urged to stay indoors and close windows and doors. By mid-morning, however, the warning had been lifted. The Bavarian police told dpa that there had been no danger for the local population on the German side of the border. Joerg Ha…

Read More

Share this Story
Load More Related Articles
Load More In US News

Facebook Comments

Check Also

Kamala Harris launches campaign for voting rights across U.S.

Published by Reuters By Nandita Bose WASHINGTON (Reuters) ...

Archives